Terms and conditions
Please read the following carefully before submitting a nomination(s)
- Self-nominations are accepted but must be authorised by the appropriate line manager.
- Any employee who is currently subject to disciplinary action will not be eligible for an award.
- Nominations can be entered into more than one category, but MUST be differently and written to meet the criteria of each category
- Nominations are based on quality not quantity – if there is a team of people wishing to nominate the same person they should work together to provide one ‘quality’ nomination meeting the nomination criteria.
- Examples should be provided to demonstrate why the nominee is suitable for the award (to be included in the 400 words).
Judging and shortlisting process
- The judging panel will consist of representation from across the trust including acute and community / adult social care, corporate services, a non-executive director, staff governor and staff side representatives.
- The panel will draw up a shortlist of three nominations in each category and then choose a winner and two runners up from the final shortlist. This is the process for all categories excluding the Making a Difference award which is selected by the chief executive. For the Patient Choice award the nominees in this category are selected based on feedback from patient experience scores, greatix, PALS intelligence, compliments and NHS choices posts and reviews.
- All judges will be expected to declare any interest they might have in any individual nomination and will be exempt from the decision making on that occasion.
- A full record of the judging process will be retained to ensure transparency and fairness.
- The shortlisted nominees will be contacted as soon as possible after the panel meeting and a list of all the shortlisted nominations will be published in the weekly Northumbria highlights prior to the awards ceremony
Hints and tips when completing your nomination:
We get over 200 nominations each year and it is really important you make your nomination stand out to be in with a good chance of getting through to the final three shortlisted.
- Don’t just copy and paste – you can enter a individual/team into multiple categories but they MUST have unique write ups relevant to a specific category
- Keep you nomination simple, clear and concise – avoid waffling (less is sometimes more)
- Avoid using jargon as this may cause confusion
- Ensure your submission tells a story and has a good start, middle and end – keep the judging panel engaged
- Clearly outline why you are nominating this individual or team
- Give an example(s) of how this nominee meets the criteria of the category
- Tell the panel what the result/impact/outcome of this was